No one wants to be without their laptop in the airport. But you also want to protect your electronics in the hustle and bustle. The best way to protect your laptop is by using carry on luggage with a laptop compartment. But with so many options to choose from, how do you pick?
Our top pick for laptop carry ons is the Nomatic Carry On Pro. This is a super organized piece of laptop carry on luggage with wheels, a tech case, and a folding compression panel. It keeps everything you need handy without any trouble.
The Best Carry On Luggage with Laptop Compartment
Nomatic Carry On Pro
The Nomatic Carry On Pro is designed to make it as easy as possible to travel. There’s a tech case included that keeps your laptop safe. The case fits computers up to 15 inches. Despite being carry-on size, the luggage is big enough to pack for up to 5 days.
The durable polycarbonate material will stand up to rough handling. At the same time, the luggage glides on silent wheels. The TSA locking zippers make it easier to get through airport security and to your boarding gate.
- 29L capacity
- 22” x 14” x 9” dimensions
- 15” x 11” tech case
- Fits 15” laptop
Nomatic Navigator Carry On
While this is well within the limits of a carry on bag, it has enough space to hold a week’s worth of items. It starts at 37 liters and can expand to 44 liters if needed. The interior pocket accommodates laptops up to 17 inches in size. The polycarbonate shell and aluminum handle are both unbelievably durable, plus they have high water resistance.
This bag is built to organize both technology and clothing. In the front, you can organize your electronics, charger cords, and small items. There are several zippered and mesh pockets. An RFID protection pocket can hold your ID and credit cards to protect your information from being stolen.
Nomatic has also made our list among the best backpacks with shoe compartments.
- 37L to 44L expansion
- 22” x 14” x 9” dimensions
- Holds 17” laptop
- RFID safe interior pocket
Herschel Tech Backpack
Herschel created this backpack for modern people who want to stay connected to their electronics. On top of giving you tech access, the bag also has significant interior organization. There are three main compartments, each of which has inside pockets and protective sleeves for your various essentials.
The backpack can hold 30 liters, enough for a few days. It includes a fleece-lined and padded laptop compartment that accommodates devices up to 16 inches. A hidden passport pocket protects your ID. Another hidden pocket on the shoulder strap can store your wireless earbuds.
- 30L capacity
- Holds 16” laptop
- 3 main compartments
- 2 hidden pockets
Those who want a tech-savvy experience will be pleased by this Herschel design!
- Places to put your laptop, tablet, wireless earbuds, and charging cords
- 3 compartments with strong interior organization
- Separate fleece-lined and padded laptop compartment
- Hidden pockets for your ID, passport, and small valuables
- May not be the most comfortable to wear long-term
Related: Keep Your Items Safe With These 12 Backpacks With Secret Pockets
TravelPro Platinum Softside
The Softside bag is available in six different colors. Though it’s only 20 inches in height, it can expand to hold a whopping 41.3 liters. An external USB port can accommodate a TSA-approved powerbank in a special pocket. There are padded sleeves for both a 15-inch laptop and a tablet. Every purchase is backed by a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
Inside, there is a tie-down system that helps you keep your items organized. There are multiple accessory pockets, along with a removable wet pocket that can hold a quart of liquid. The RFID blocking technology protects your IDs and credit cards from theft. The four wheels offer unparalleled maneuverability thanks to their 360 degree spinner design.
- 41.3L capacity
- 20” x 14” x 9” dimensions
- Holds 15” laptop
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
This expandable bag is ideal if you want 360-degree spinning maneuverability!
- Manufacturer will replace the bag if the airport damages it
- RFID protection from data theft
- Interior organization with tie-down system and pockets
- Spinner wheels maneuver in any direction for easy travel
- Doesn’t hold oversized laptops
DELSEY Paris Titanium Hardside
This hardside luggage can protect your valuables and other items like cloth never can. Despite the harsh outer appearance, though, this is actually an expandable bag. It can expand by two inches to increase its volume. The lightweight shell is attached to four fully spinning wheels, making it much easier to maneuver in any direction.
The security of this design is impressive. In addition to not breaking like cloth, it also has a TSA-approved combination lock. The interior features two lined compartments with web straps, along with zippered pockets for smaller items. The one-button locking handle makes maneuvering even easier. In addition, this model has a 10 year warranty.
- 19” x 13” x 9.75” dimensions
- Expands by 2 inches
- Holds 15.6 inch laptop
- 10 year limited warranty
If you’re sick of cloth, you might be impressed by the security of this titanium hardside carry on!
- Durable hard shell protects items from impact while remaining lightweight
- Spinner wheels and handle locking system offer great maneuverability
- Comes with a combination lock and expands up to two inches
- 2 main compartments with interior pockets and webbing
- Warranty has some limitations
Kenneth Cole Reaction
This bundle comes with not only an 8-wheel spinning suitcase, but also an accompanying backpack. Both pieces are crafted from durable and lightweight polyester with a soft quilted exterior. The interiors are lined with tear-proof fabric.
The suitcase has 8 wheels that turn at 360-degrees, along with a push-button handle. If you have a lot to pack, the suitcase can expand by 1.5 inches. There are multiple storage pockets inside, along with two zippered exterior pockets for easy item access.
The backpack comes with a separate laptop compartment at the rear. This padded area holds electronics up to 15 inches in size. The backpack’s main compartment has a padded tablet sleeve, organizational pockets, and accessory pockets. Outside, there are two water bottle pockets, a luggage attachment strap, and padded shoulder straps to increase comfort.
- 20” suitcase and 16” backpack
- Backpack holds 15” laptop
- Polyester with chevron cover
- 360-degree spinning wheels
If you’re looking for a few pieces of carry on luggage, this bundle might be perfect for you!
- Bundle including a spacious backpack and expandable suitcase
- Super maneuverable thanks to 8 wheels and telescoping handle
- Padded laptop compartment and tablet sleeve in backpack
- Both pieces have strong interior organization and pockets
- Not ideal if you don’t also need a backpack
This 20-inch carry on bag is designed with a telescoping handle and fully spinning wheels. You can also lock the zippers of the front and main compartments, adding a layer of security. The hard ABS plastic shell is super lightweight but unlikely to bend. It is even resistant to scratches.
The inside of the carry on has a dedicated organizational system to protect your small items. There are netted mesh pockets and straps to hold items in place. The front pocket can hold laptops of up to 13.3 inches, along with documents and other flat items. This suitcase comes with a 2 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- ABS plastic
- 360 degree wheels
- 11” x 9.8” x 20” dimensions
- 2 year warranty
With extra security, a hard and durable shell, and a practical interior, this is a solid investment for any regular traveler!
- Lightweight ABS plastic is some of the most durable in the world
- Super easy to maneuver thanks to the wheels and ergonomic handle
- Double zipper locks for additional security
- Interior organization with mesh pockets and straps to secure items
- Only holds very small laptop models in the front pocket
Level8 Grace Carry On Luggage
This is another hardside suitcase crafted from ABS plastic. The diamond textured surface is designed specifically not to scratch or dent. An ergonomic telescoping handle works with four 360-degree wheels for maximum maneuverability. Though the bag is only 8 pounds in weight, it has a whopping carrying capacity of 36 liters.
The interior also makes it easy to organize. In the main compartment, there are dividers and straps to keep your items in the right places. Smaller items can be put into the interior pockets. The laptop compartment is located in the front, making it easy to access your electronics. The suitcase can hold laptops up to 15.6 inches. There’s also a TSA combination lock for additional protection.
- 20” x 15” x 9.4” dimensions
- 36L capacity
- Holds 15.6” laptop
- 4 full spinner wheels
Another hardside option, this convenient carry on makes it super easy to access your laptop!
- Front laptop compartment makes accessing your computer easy
- TSA lock protects your laptop and other valuables
- Interior organization keeps everything in its place
- Large 36 liter capacity can hold enough clothing for several days
- Lacks many convenient exterior pockets
MATEIN Rolling Backpack Luggage
You can use this bag both as a backpack and as a rolling carry on. It’s a super versatile option that can hold 36 liters in total. The separate laptop compartment holds computers up to 15.6 inches, while the main compartment holds clothes and books with ease. A zippered compartment can hold documents and files.
There’s an additional organizer compartment that has a huge number of different pockets. You can put all of your accessories together. Each side has a mesh water bottle pocket. You can also use the “magic tape” pocket to carry a towel.
One of the biggest selling points of this suitcase is its water resistance. The bottom panel is water-resistant and has a kick plate to prevent abrasion. The lockable zippers can be locked when the wheels are pulled up, making it impossible to steal. Meanwhile, the polyester fabric is super durable and resistant to breakage.
- Suitcase-backpack hybrid
- 36L capacity
- Holds 15.6 inch laptop
This waterproof rolling backpack works well for people who live in wet environments!
- Durable materials with waterproof bottom to protect items
- Super organized setup with locking zippers for security
- Converts between a rolling bag and backpack with ease
- Adjustable and breathable straps for comfortable carrying
- Doesn’t hold oversized laptops
TravelPro Maxlite 5
For those seeking a compact carry on, this bag is one of the most convenient options. The wheeled bag is built to move conveniently from place to place. It is crafted from durable polyester fabric with a Duraguard water-repelling coating. The high-performance wheels and telescoping handle keep the bag from wobbling as you travel.
The interior has a variety of built-in pockets to keep your items organized. A hanging wet pocket lets you store toiletries, cosmetics, and other items. There’s a padded sleeve that can hold both laptops and tablets. Every purchase comes with a limited lifetime warranty, plus a promise to cover repair costs for a year if the airline damages the item.
- 17.5” x 14.5” x 8.5” dimensions
- 26L capacity
- 5.5 pounds
- Limited lifetime warranty
This compact carry on is specifically designed to fit below the seat of an airplane!
- Great organization and maneuverability for a compact bag
- Holds both laptops and tablets in the padded sleeve
- Multiple interior and exterior pockets, including a hanging wet pocket
- Lifetime warranty plus a year of free repairs after purchase
- Not the most advanced wheel system
- Too small to hold tons of luggage
MATEIN Travel Backpack
This is a backpack that can compactly store a great deal of luggage. The separated laptop compartment holds devices up to 15.6 inches. The large main compartment holds your bulky necessities, while the front compartment has many organizational pockets. There’s even a built-in USB charger.
The exterior is also impressive. It features durable and water-resistant polyester with strong metal zippers. The luggage strap lets you attach it to a rolling carry on in the airport. When it’s on your back, the padded back design offers support. At the same time, the multiple panels of ventilation keep you cool and comfortable throughout your journey.
- Holds 15.6 inch laptop
- Polyester fabric
- Luggage strap included
- USB charging port
This anti-theft backpack works great as both a carry on and everyday bag!
- Comes with a USB charging port and padded laptop compartment
- Durable, water-resistant materials with strong zippers
- Hidden anti-theft pocket plus additional organization
- Comfortable straps and ventilated back support
- No wheels or telescoping handle for maneuverability
Like many of the other spinners on the list, this design includes four wheels and a telescoping handle. It can be easily maneuvered around the airport. But unlike many other designs, this is a compact option built to fit under the airplane seat in front of you. A USB port lets you charge your phone as you go.
There are multiple exterior pockets that let you quickly stash items. This makes them easier to retrieve later. The main compartment has a padded laptop sleeve that accommodates devices up to 13.3 inches. An elastic band secures the laptop inside. A luggage sleeve on the back allows you to secure the bag to larger upright luggage.
- 9” x 13.5” x 16.5” dimensions
- Holds 13.3 inch laptops
- 360 degree wheels
- USB charging port
This spinner laptop carry on is organized, easy to maneuver, and fits under most airplane seats!
- Exterior pockets for quick item retrieval
- Roomy interior compartment
- Compact enough to fit under an airplane seat
- Can be placed on top of larger luggage pieces
- Laptop compartment isn’t super secure
- Only accommodates very small laptop and tablet models
KROSER Laptop Briefcase
This laptop bag can be used as both a carry on and a briefcase. It is crafted from durable nylon fabric and has a telescoping handle. The design will easily pop into an overhead compartment on a plane. You can switch between carrying and rolling the bag, since the wheels pop in and out at will.
The interior organization is also impressive. A laptop compartment accommodates devices up to 15.6 inches. You also have separate pockets for your tablet, wallet, files, books, clothes, and pens. Zippered exterior pockets can hold umbrellas and water bottles. There are even RFID blocking pockets to protect your IDs and credit cards from data theft.
- 16.5” x 14.5” x 8” dimensions
- Holds 15.6 inch laptop
- 6.33 pounds
- RFID blocking technology
Designed specifically with laptops in mind, this carry on doubles as an office briefcase!
- Great shock protection for your laptop and tablet
- Separate pockets for all your accessories and books
- RFID pockets protect all the contents of your wallet from being stolen
- Compact enough to fit into overhead plane compartments with ease
- Can be cumbersome to switch between the handles and wheels
Solo New York Rolling Luggage
Unlike many of the other laptop carry ons, this bag is designed to hold and protect your laptop. The squat and wide design allows it to hold laptops up to 17.3 inches, much more than most other pockets. The front of the bag has a zip-down organizer that keeps all your accessories and small items in place.
This is a bag that was created with work travel in mind. If you have electronics and sensitive documents to protect, that’s what this briefcase is for. You can either carry it or roll it with the telescoping handle. In addition, the manufacturer guarantees against defects for 5 years. Every product made by Solo is sustainably designed by a family owned company.
- 14.75” x 8.75” x 8.75” dimensions
- Holds 17.3 inch laptop
- 5 year warranty
- Hybrid briefcase-rolling suitcase
For those with oversized laptops, the 17.3 inch accommodation of this bag is a godsend!
- Designed specifically for large laptops
- Has a full front organizer and a divided file compartment
- Perfect for people traveling for work with important documents
- 5 year manufacturer’s guarantee from a family owned business
- Not ideal for holding bulky luggage
Olympia Denmark Hardside Luggage
If you’re looking for a brightly colored carry on, look no further. There are seven available colors including bright red, purple, blue, and teal. You can also get the design in neutral grays or black. The spinner wheel design complements an aluminum locking handle, making the suitcase smooth and effortless to maneuver.
Inside, there’s an internal divider to divide the compartments. Also included is a zip mesh pocket that can hold your smaller items. Buckle straps can tie your clothes down so they don’t unfold. A removable wet pouch is available for toiletries and cosmetics. The expandable area of the suitcase even features a hidden compartment.
- 21” x 14” x 9” dimensions
- 59L capacity
- Removable wet pouch
- Hidden expandable pocket
This hardside carry on with laptop compartment hides and protects your electronics for anti-theft excellence!
- More carrying capacity than nearly any other suitcase
- Hidden pocket in the expandable section for extra security
- Simple but effective aluminum handle and spinning wheel system
- Internal divider, interior pockets, and secure strap system
- Fairly heavy, given the ability to expand so far
Bebe Women’s Valentina
The Valentina suitcase is available in three funky prints: floral branch, navy floral, and black floral. All three will appeal to people who love flowered wallpaper and upholstery. The suitcase is compact enough to stow under the airplane seat in front of you. At the same time, the skate wheel system lets you smoothly move from place to place.
There are multiple interior compartments to keep all of your items separate. The main compartment is spacious enough to hold books or your clothes. The zippered side pockets offer secure storage, while the front organizer lets you easily access your items. Finally, you can attach the bag to a larger bag’s handle for easier movement through the airport.
- 15” x 8” x 16” dimensions
- 3 floral patterns
- Multiple compartments
- Skate wheel system
Compact and convenient, this pretty carry on is a great choice for anyone who loves floral prints!
- Front organizer gives easy item access
- Side pockets securely stow your valuables and belongings
- Compact enough to stow under an airplane seat
- Multiple floral prints available to choose from
- Wheel system isn’t as maneuverable as some
- Not enough room to store a ton of luggage
Targus Classic Cross Body Shoulder Bag
A basic messenger bag often won’t be large enough to hold all of your overnight luggage. But if you’re going on a short trip and packing light, this option from Targus might be the ideal. You can swing it easily across your shoulder, carry it by the grab handle, or use the trolley strap to secure it to a piece of luggage.
The laptop compartment has foam padding and accommodates models up to 16 inches. Meanwhile, there are additional slots for files, notebooks, power banks, charging cords, and other accessories. You can carry all of your office supplies with ease. The reinforced polyester material is built to last and protect your electronics for years.
- 3.25” x 16.75” x 12.8” dimensions
- Holds 16 inch laptop
- Shoulder strap and carrying handle
- File and accessory compartments
If you don’t need all the extra bells and whistles, this messenger bag will protect your laptop!
- Great for organizing your computer, files, notebooks, and accessories
- Versatile, with a shoulder strap and carrying handle for easier use
- Super durable polyester exterior with extra reinforced stitching
- Extremely lightweight while still offering protection
- No wheel system attached
- Only built for thin items like laptops and documents
Traveler’s Club Alise
The Alise suitcase is a relatively simple piece of engineering. It has the spinning wheels and telescoping handle that allow for extra maneuverability. The interior is fully lined, while a dividing zipper keeps the compartments separate. There are compression straps to hold your clothes and other items in place so they don’t unfold.
The ABS plastic shell is super lightweight while also being extremely durable. At the front of the suitcase is a padded laptop pocket, which can accommodate devices up to 13.5 inches. That makes this suitcase an ideal choice for people who often take short business trips.
- Holds 13.5 inch laptop
- Lightweight ABS plastic
- Divided interior compartments
- Compliant with airline regulations
The Alise is a basic but dependable piece of luggage that will get you where you need to go!
- Simple design that’s easy to maneuver and pack
- Padded pocket protects laptops up to 13.5 inches
- Interior has zippered compartments and secure straps
- ABS plastic is lightweight but extremely durable
- Not the most organized item on the list
- Lacks unique standout features
FAQs on the Best Carry On Luggage with Laptop Compartment
What’s the best size carry on luggage?
The best size carry on has everything you need while still being easily stowed. Some bags are designed to fit under airport seats for extra room.
How do you pack a laptop in a suitcase?
If you have laptop carry on luggage with a special compartment, simply put the laptop inside. If not, make sure your laptop has plenty of padding and isn’t near anything heavy.
Is it ok to pack a laptop in checked luggage?
Laptops can be packed in checked luggage. However, you can’t pack a lithium battery or lithium charger in checked luggage.
When you travel, carry on luggage with a laptop compartment is helpful. You can keep your laptop safe and protected, while also having it easily accessible. These bags also tend to have better organizational systems overall.
Our top pick for the best carry on laptop bag is the Nomatic Carry On Pro. Not only is this bag durable and easy to maneuver, but it also comes with a removable tech case for your laptop and electronics.